Removal of FreedomBox as an associated project
tbm at cyrius.com
Sat Aug 12 18:43:09 UTC 2017
I'd like to propose the following resolution. The FreedomBox Foundaton,
home of FreedomBox, has been granted 501(c)(3) charity status by the IRS,
and has requested the transfer of funds and removal as an associated
1. FreedomBox became an associated project of SPI in 2011.
2. The FreedomBox Foundation serves as the organizational headquarters of
3. The IRS has recently determined that the FreedomBox Foundation is exempt
from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3).
4. FreedomBox has requested the termination of its relationship with SPI
and the transfer of funds earmarked for FreedomBox to the FreedomBox
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
1. FreedomBox will be removed as an SPI Associated Project.
2. All funds held on behalf of FreedomBox will be transferred to the
3. SPI will no longer actively seek donations on behalf of FreedomBox.
4. Any future donations received for FreedomBox will be forwarded to the
More information about the Spi-general