Removal of MadWifi as an associated project
tbm at cyrius.com
Sun Aug 13 08:35:14 UTC 2017
1. MadWifi became an associated project of SPI in 2008.
2. The goal of the MadWifi project was to coordinate development of the
Atheros drivers for Linux.
3. The MadWifi driver has been obsoleted by ath5k and ath9k, which are both
part of the Linux kernel now. Development of these drivers is taken care
of by the Linux kernel programmers.
4. The MadWifi project is no longer active.
5. Donations to the MadWifi project were made to improve Atheros and
wireless support for Linux.
5. The MadWifi project has voted to transfer its fund held by SPI to the
OpenWrt project. OpenWrt performs significant work on improving wireless
support for linux.
6. While the MadWifi project is no longer active, they would like to
preserve the domain name and web site for historical purposes.
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
1. MadWifi will be removed as an SPI Associated Project.
2. SPI will keep ownership of the madwifi-project.org domain name.
3. All funds held on behalf of MadWifi will be transferred to the OpenWrt
earmark held by SPI.
4. SPI will no longer actively seek donations on behalf of MadWifi.
5. Any future donations received for MadWifi will be earmarked for OpenWrt.
More information about the Spi-general