Removal of MadWifi as an associated project

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Tue Aug 15 14:51:41 UTC 2017

* Alvaro Herrera <alvherre at alvh.no-ip.org> [2017-08-15 11:43]:
> Surely SPI needs to renew the domain on an ongoing basis -- basically
> forever -- not just one time.

SPI could just renew it now for 10 years (or 20 or 50 or whatever
makes sense) - and let it expire when nobody cares about it anymore
(except historians, but there's always archive.org).

> It seems like there ought the be clauses somewhere specifying that
> SPI should continue to do this, or that MadWifi has the authority to
> tell SPI to do so.  (How?  they'd not be an associated project
> anymore.)  What if eventually MadWifi as a project decides to get
> the domain back for whatever reason?  Is it possible for SPI to
> decide to give it back?

These are very good points.  I didn't propose the resolution in the
meeting we had yesterday because the question of domain ownership
needs to be clarified.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/