Debian trademark, EAN, proposed letter, SPI heads-up

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Thu Aug 31 15:02:18 UTC 2017

On 08/31/2017 07:19 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Hi.

> Debian would like to sign, jointly with SPI, a letter stating that we
> do not intend to apply for EANs.  A draft of the letter is below.

The vendor should apply for their own EANs. If Debian/SPI applies for
them it will provide a communication of validity to the vendor
("Official Debian Images").

+1 for Debian not allowing an external vendor to appear as the official
distributor (unless they actually are).

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.us
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****