Voting system R&D (Re: 2017 update to the SPI voting algorithm for Board elections)

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Sat Mar 4 13:50:32 UTC 2017

Purely as a FYI on Schulze method, it is implemented in the Liquid
Feedback system: http://liquidfeedback.org/

Liquid Feedback has been used for years in Central Europe, notably by
several chapters of the Pirate Party, but also some cooperatives, etc.

Note: LF itself is IMO not suitable for use by SPI - at least not
within the scope of the proposal now discussed.

Note: My intent here is to be purely informational. I'm not advocating
for or against the Schulze method compared to other STV methods.

henrik