Issue tracking system

Filipus Klutiero chealer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:09:12 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-02 03:43, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Filipus Klutiero <chealer at gmail.com> [2018-01-01 21:32]:
>> Thanks for this. I would be delighted to discover an existing
>> general-purpose ITS, but that does not look easy. I requested one on
>> spi-general on 2016-07-30 via the quoted email and nobody replied
>> anything suggesting one existed. I re-scanned SPI's website and
>> could not find a link to that. I even searched using terms "issue
>> tracker" and "issue tracking system" using Google Web Search and
>> that did not help. However, I also couldn't find the tracking system
>> for reimbursements, which apparently does exist, so perhaps others
>> can help?
> SPI uses RT at rt.spi-inc.org.  It's mentioned e.g. here
> https://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/onboarding/directors/ and
> https://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/newprojects/
> It could probably be documented better.

I would state this more affirmatively. While https://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/newprojects/ could be considered as a mention, it never indicates, either explicitly or implicitly, that it refers to an issue tracking system.

As for the former, my first scan of the page did not see a mention since there is no link. After reading, I now see the mention you refer to in the Access to services section. I thank you.

This leaves a huge question: who can consult the tracker? Can anyone who is not a director consult any ticket?
And is the answer to that available publically?

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com