SPI credit cards for regular billing, specifically AWS costs

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 15 16:51:03 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm at cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> [2018-02-07 09:59]:
>> Are any of the other SPI projects in a similar position with AWS
>> billing?
>
> BTW, another SPI project applied received $5000/year Azure credits
> through Microsoft for Nonprofits recently. (Although looking at the
> web site now, I think it's $5000 per legal org so all SPI projects
> would have to share that amount.)
>
> He mentioned that AWS gives out $2000 in credits but I don't know the
> application process.

Thanks. The OBF has had AWS credits in the past but for a specific
group activity - a codefest/hackathon event, e.g.:

https://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2014

If anyone has recently been successful in received AWS credits
for running infrastructure for a non-profit or open source project,
I'd be interested to learn more.

--

Does this mean none of the other SPI projects currently pay for
AWS at the moment?

For larger customers Amazon does offer an invoice based
system for AWS, but I doubt that would be relevant here.

Peter