Issue tracking system (was Re: Unofficial SPI Issue Tracking System (Re: Issue #0 - No general-purpose issue tracking system))

Filipus Klutiero chealer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 02:32:14 UTC 2018

Hi Robert,

On 2018-01-01 19:39, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2016-07-30 10:55, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>>>
>>> According to Joshua D. Drake, SPI has an issue tracking system for reimbursements, but not for other issues (see http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-general/2016-July/003466.html ). If there is already a genera-purpose ITS, this is indeed far from obvious.
>
> Hi Filipus.  I've been off the board for some time but SPI certainly *had* a general purpose issue tracker and AFAIK still has.  This was implemented as part of the same "request tracker" instance that tracks reimbursements. Ask the sysadmins.

Thanks for this. I would be delighted to discover an existing general-purpose ITS, but that does not look easy. I requested one on spi-general on 2016-07-30 via the quoted email and nobody replied anything suggesting one existed. I re-scanned SPI's website and could not find a link to that. I even searched using terms "issue tracker" and "issue tracking system" using Google Web Search and that did not help. However, I also couldn't find the tracking system for reimbursements, which apparently does exist, so perhaps others can help?

Joshua, could you point to the tracker you referred to? Is it possible that it can be used as a general-purpose ITS, and if not, could it be that this used to be the case?

If a general-purpose ITS does exist, please consider Issue #0 as a request to document that on SPI's website.

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com