Issue #14 - No way for donators to be credited

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Mon Jul 2 15:02:40 UTC 2018

* Philippe Cloutier <chealer at gmail.com> [2018-07-02 10:54]:
> http://www.spi-inc.org/donations/ explains that "the identities of
> donors are kept confidential to SPI, and only disclosed to members
> of SPI". This is great for donors who want confidentiality, but I
> imagine this wastes an incentive to donate.

Yeah, this is actually something we discussed on the board list
recently.  Right now, we don't know if donors want to be public or
not.

I think what we need is a donation platform where you can tick a box
before going on to do the payment.  The donation system developed by
MetaBrainz is one we could adopt: https://metabrainz.org/donate
DonorBox has also been mentioned as a possibility.

This won't happen soon but is something that should be done at some
point.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/