Meeting agendas and mails to spi-announce mailing list

Philippe Cloutier chealer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 22:01:50 UTC 2018

Hi Jonathan,

On 2018-07-02 10:11, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 09:04:05AM -0400, Philippe Cloutier wrote:
>
> [...]
>> I dropped the issue at that point, but yesterday I received the last
>> attached mail, which points to the agenda of SPI's annual general
>> meeting, which has most of its content in a section with the same
>> title.
> "Face to face action item review". Updates on action items that came out
> of the SPI face to face (i.e. in person) meeting.

Thank you

Since this is not the first meeting with content in such a section, if that section shall be featured again (and I am not saying it should), please:

 1. At least avoid collapsing with the "F2F" "acronym"
 2. Even better, use the description just given by Jonathan (I for one would not have been able to figure out that meaning even if the acronym had not been used.)
 3. Ideally, detail when the face to face meeting took place or somehow allow readers to find what action items came out of that meeting.

>> Can anyone please explain what this title means? And could something
>> be done so that replying to mails sent to spi-announce reaches authors
>> of these mails?
> How about instead of sending mails to -announce you send them to where
> you want them to go? I rejected your original mail with a message about
> my best guess about where you might want it to go, rather than
> incorrectly assuming you wanted it to be private, or public, or go
> somewhere else.

Yes, thanks, though there is obviously nothing confidential in that mail, so my preference would have been for it to be public.

If replies to mails sent to spi-announce are not supposed to be sent to spi-announce, I would suggest either:

 1. Setting the Reply-To to where they should go
 2. Having the mailing list set Reply-To to where they should go
 3. Indicating where replies should go in the list description

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com