Resolution 2018-07-11.mm.1: Arch Linux 32 as associated project

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Thu Jul 12 19:12:07 UTC 2018

On 07/12/2018 11:14 AM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Julien Cristau <jcristau at debian.org> [2018-07-12 19:14]:
>>> I'd like to propose the following resolution for the August meeting:
>>>
>>> Resolution 2018-07-11.mm.1: Arch Linux 32 as associated project
>>>
>>> WHEREAS
>>>
>>> 1. Arch Linux 32 is a substantial and significant Free Software project.
>>>
>> What's "Arch Linux 32"?  What's its relationship with Arch Linux?
> My understanding is that Arch Linux 32 is a completely independent
> effort from Arch Linux.  However, I confirmed with Aaron from Arch
> Linux that they are fine with their trademark being used that way.

I think it would be good to have a link to the trademark policy, perhaps
even in the resolution. It isn't like we haven't heard of FOSS projects
getting a little touchy after the fact.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****