Resolution 2018-07-11.mm.1: Arch Linux 32 as associated project

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Fri Jul 13 13:01:56 UTC 2018

* Joshua D. Drake <jd at commandprompt.com> [2018-07-12 12:12]:
> I think it would be good to have a link to the trademark policy,
> perhaps even in the resolution. It isn't like we haven't heard of
> FOSS projects getting a little touchy after the fact.

It might be a good idea to have a (simple) trademark agreement which
outlines under which conditions Arch Linux 32 can use the "Arch Linux"
name and under which they would have to rename.

e.g. recompiling source from Arch Linux without modification is fine.
Recompiling source from Arch Linux with modification for x86 is ok.
Recompiling source from Arch Linux with _other_ modification: probably not fine.
Using Debian instead of Arch Linux: rename ;)

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/