Candidate question re: SPI Board election

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Sun Jul 15 22:47:29 UTC 2018

> On Jul 13, 2018, at 5:05 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm at cyrius.com> wrote:
>
> * Michael Schultheiss <schultmc at spi-inc.org> [2018-07-13 16:59]:
>> I plan on dedicating hours to SPI treasury work each week rather than
>> working ad-hoc on tasks. I also appreciate the assistance recently
>
> Just to add to that, we've been discussing getting more paid help, so
> Michael doesn't have to do all of the day-to-day work.  There are no
> meeting minutes of the July meeting yet but you can read the log at
> http://spi-inc.org/meetings/logs/2018/2018-07-09-log.txt
>
> We'll seek input from projects on this in the near future.

Thanks for pointing to that, Martin. I have to say I’m heartened to hear (read) about those plans. I have proposed this at an SPI Board meeting a few years ago and gotten zero traction. So, very happy to hear that it is being considered in earnest now. The only thing I would throw in here is that “doing more”, although nice, needn’t be the major argument in favor from my perspective. Simply just doing reliably, timely, and responsively what SPI commits itself to already in terms of services for projects would be an enormous plus. And if this were the result, I’d have no objections to raising SPI’s fee either (provided the increase is within reason :-)

  -hilmar

--
Hilmar Lapp -:- lappland.io