SPI Meeting: 20:00 UTC, Monday 12th August, 2019

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Thu Aug 1 07:48:36 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 09:05:22PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 12:51:35AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Tim Potter <tpot at frungy.org> [2019-08-01 08:46]:
> > > Currently, the following items are on the agenda, carried forward from
> > > the previous meeting:
> > >
> > > * Outstanding minutes for meeting of Monday, 8th July 2019
> >
> > Officer appointment is usually done in August.
>
> Yes, let's please make sure this is on the agenda at the August 12
> meeting. I encourage the new and continuing directors to discuss in
> advance on board@ as to who wants which roles, so that the formal votes
> during the meeting go smoothly and quickly.

I encourage the board to actually announce who the board members are.

Nominations closed on July 15th and the fact we didn't have an election
on July 17th implies we didn't get enough nominations to need an
election (confirmed on IRC). I don't see any reason that we wouldn't
then announce the new board on July 17th, but even in the worst case the
timeline stated results were to be announce yesterday (July 31st).

J.

--
I'm only here for the salad bar.