Resolution 2018-07-11.mm.1: Arch Linux 32 as associated project

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Tue Feb 12 10:45:27 UTC 2019

Dimitri John Ledkov pointed out during the SPI meeting yesterday that
the resolution doesn't contain a clause saying what will happen if the
project becomes defunct (something we add in new resolutons).

I added clause 3.  Erich, please check if this is okay.  (If Arch
Linux 32 becomes defunct and nobody replies to SPI, we'd probably
transfer the remaining funds to the Arch Linux earmark.)

New proposed resolution:

WHEREAS

1. Arch Linux 32 is a substantial and significant Free Software project.

2. The Arch Linux 32 developers would like SPI's support and assistance,
including taking donations.

THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT

1. Arch Linux 32 is formally invited to become an SPI Associated
Project, according to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects, SPI
Resolution 1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a copy of which
can be found at
https://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004/2004-08-10.iwj.1/

2. Erich Eckner is recognized by SPI as the authoritative decision maker
and SPI liaison for Arch Linux 32. Successors will be appointed by the
outgoing SPI liaison, or if the current SPI liaison is unavailable or
refuses to appoint a successor, by a simple majority vote by the current
master key holders of Arch Linux 32.

3. If the last known SPI liaison for Arch Linux 32 is missing in action,
and no new SPI liaison is appointed for two consecutive years the
associated project is deemed defunct. Defunct project's assets may be
transferred to a nominated US 501(c)(3) charity or to the SPI general
fund.

4. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 60 days after it is
approved by the SPI Board.

* Martin Michlmayr <tbm at cyrius.com> [2019-01-26 14:30]:
> I'd like to propose this resolution for the February meeting.
> I initially posted this to the list last year and some people asked
> whether Arch Linux agrees and whether there's an agreement in place.
> We have a light-weight trademark agreement from Arch Linux (Aaron) now,
> so I think we're good to vote on this resolution.
>
> Resolution 2018-07-11.mm.1: Arch Linux 32 as associated project

Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/