Resolution 2018-07-11.mm.1: Arch Linux 32 as associated project

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Thu Feb 14 16:43:23 UTC 2019

* Erich Eckner <arch at eckner.net> [2019-02-14 17:32]:
> Well, when it's default, then I have no objections.

Well, it's a new clause.  I just meant to say I copy & pasted. :)
But it makes tracking easier if it's the same everywhere...

Anyway, it's not clear to me what "nominated charity" means in the
clause.  Is that something the project nominates when they join (as
you sort of did when you indicated a preference to give it to Arch) or
something the board "nominates"? (but then "nominates" is a weird word).

If it's something the project nominates, we need to implement a way to
track it (i.e. write it down somewhere) so we'll remember in X
years/decades (and how do we know the org originally nominated doesn't
change over time...).

I already sent an email to the board asking about this "nominated
charity" question, but there's no need for this to be board-only and
we can discuss here.

(Adding xnox who I believe came up with the language or might
remember who did.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/