Resolution 2019-05-25.jrk.1: Removing Jenkins as associated project

Kohsuke Kawaguchi kk at kohsuke.org
Fri May 31 00:49:37 UTC 2019

I'm the liaison of the Jenkins project to SPI.

IANAL, but this status difference was identified from the beginning. The
legal counsel from both sides looked at this and I believe they concluded
that there are a number of ways forward. I believe the 1st choice is to
transfer the assets to a 501(c)(3) under the LF. This is laid out in
"whereas #5",

The governance of the Jenkins project under the CDF is not under these
companies, at least no more than how the governance of the Linux kernel is
under those companies. More specifically, the charter of the CDF is laid
out here <https://github.com/cdfoundation/charter/blob/master/CHARTER.md>.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi