Computer readable version of SPI ledgers (per project)?

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Tue Oct 22 17:05:54 UTC 2019

* Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> [2019-10-22 17:36]:
> Before the OBF joined SPI, we used to prepare our own annual
> financial report, and I am looking to automate something similar
> using our SPI ledgers.
> Examples of things I would like to be able to do easily is report
> year by year conference sponsorship income; or year by year
> server/hosting/domain fees.

You bring up a very good (related) topic, namely custom reporting.
Several projects have asked for some information (e.g. a project has
partnership program and want to see monthly partnership payments; one
project launched a campaign and wanted to know number/amount of PayPal
donations and number of recurring donations).

Such custom reports weren't really possible in the past, but are
possible in theory now.  The questions are: what custom reports would
projects need, and (for the board) is that a service SPI wants to
provide?

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/