SPI board of directors for 2019

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Tue Sep 17 07:41:47 UTC 2019

I noticed a problem with the 2019 election: Tim Potter's term didn't
expire this year; instead it will expire next year.

Tim was elected in 2017 and terms are 3 years (i.e. until 2020):
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/votes/2017-board-election/

This was correct in the minute up to July 2018:
http://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/minutes/2018/2018-07-09/
July 2017    Tim Potter

It's incorrect starting with the August 2018 minutes:
http://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/minutes/2018/2018-08-13/
July 2016    Tim Potter    Secretary

I believe this happened because Valerie, who had been secretary
before Tim took over in August 2018, was elected in July 2016.
So Valerie's name in the table was replaced with Tim's, but the
election info was not updated.

Impact: since there were only as many candidates as available
positions, it has not impact on who was appointed as director in 2019.

In my view, Tim was incorrectly appointed in 2019.  His term should
expire in 2020 when he can run for re-election.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/