Proposed resolution: Waive SPI 5% administrative fee for 2020 associated project conferences

Martin Zobel-Helas zobel at spi-inc.org
Tue Jun 9 06:21:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon Jun 08, 2020 at 23:55:03 +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Also DebConf can not say they do not know about the 5%, as it is
> well-known and documented per SPIs Projects howto:
>
> | All transaction costs (such as the fees we are charged to process credit
> | cards and wire transfers) are deducted from the contribution, to the
> | extent we are able to identify and attribute these costs.  5% of the
> | remainder is deducted for SPI overhead. The remaining money is held on
> | behalf of the project.
> (Source: https://www.spi-inc.org/projects/associated-project-howto/)

Also our reports that we publish since 2016 contain this information:

"Per project donations have a debit amount specified, which is the SPI
5% contribution from the project towards the SPI general fund. Thus
total donation amount is net of this contribution."

So if DebConf would had cared more about it, they should have seen this
already back in 2016 or 2017.

Best regards.
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel at spi-inc.org>
 Software in the Public Interest, Inc. | Member of the Board of Directors