Proposed resolution: Waive SPI 5% administrative fee for 2020 associated project conferences

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Jun 10 19:46:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 11:55:03PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
> >
> > 1. For conferences held by SPI associated projects in 2020 where
> >    SPI collects the conference sponsorship funds, SPI will waive
> >    its 5% administrative fee.
> >
> > 2. SPI will refund the 5% administrative fee to Debian for the 2016-2019
> >    Debian conferences
> >
> > 3. Future administrative fee decisions for conference sponsorships will
> >    be determined at a later date.
> I dislike at least section 2 here, where we only refund Debian, but not
> other conferences.

*that* and then I'm confused why the resolution title only speaks about 2020
if the resolution is about much more than that.

also I don't understand *why* SPI wants to give those 5% adminstrative fees
back? Surely there was adminstrative work and costs involved?

--
cheers,
	Holger

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.