Proposed resolution: Waive SPI 5% administrative fee for 2020 associated project conferences

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Wed Jun 10 20:13:21 UTC 2020

Greetings,

* Holger Levsen (holger at layer-acht.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 11:55:03PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > I dislike at least section 2 here, where we only refund Debian, but not
> > other conferences.
>
> *that* and then I'm confused why the resolution title only speaks about 2020
> if the resolution is about much more than that.

I agree that it ended up being a bit confused.

> also I don't understand *why* SPI wants to give those 5% adminstrative fees
> back? Surely there was adminstrative work and costs involved?

"wants" is perhaps a bit of a strong word for this.  There were
certainly a lot of administrative work and costs involved.

For the -general list, I do want to pass on that SPI is currently
working with Debian through their representative to try to work through
this and make it all clearer, so you can expect an updated resolution
(should one be needed; it's possible there won't be one ultimately), so
it's unlikely that additional discussion of this specific resolution
among the broader group would be useful at this time.

Thanks!

Stephen