SPI member projects adopting a Code of Conduct

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:58:01 UTC 2020

Dear SPI projects,

The OBF is an SPI member project, and is currently in the process of
adopting a Code of Conduct (CoC) to cover both our online activities
(including software development) and in person events (like our annual
conference, assuming that resumes as a physical event).

If legal assistance were required (e.g. in handling a specific CoC
incident), I presume as per https://www.spi-inc.org/projects/services/
the OBF would at the SPI board's discretion have access to the SPI's
legal counsel? Is that correct?

If any other SPI projects have themselves adopted a CoC, do you have
any advice to share? Our concerns include scope and procedures, and
providing training for those handling reports.

Thank you,

Peter
Peter Cock, current OBF president.