SPI member projects adopting a Code of Conduct

Joshua Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Mon Oct 12 19:33:06 UTC 2020

Peter,

PostgreSQL.org has a CoC: https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/coc/

Postgres Conference (not an SPI project) also has a COC.

My experience with both is that Open Source communities have *zero*
business managing a CoC or community around it. It is an extreme conflict
of interest. The way Postgres Conference does it is that there is an
anonymous reporting facility that we run through a company called
"lighthouse" and they also handle the investigation.

If your CoC community isn't autonomous you will get into stick situations.

JD