SPI member projects adopting a Code of Conduct

Lyude Paul lyude at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 16:47:32 UTC 2020

Hi, X.org adopted a Code of Conduct a while ago. We haven't had to have an
external entity handle things, so long as the people on the CoC team are not in
positions like being secretary (where there could be a conflict of interest as a
result). We also have members of the Code of Conduct team and the board go
through CoC training courtesy of:

https://otter.technology/code-of-conduct-training/

As well our CoC is here: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct/

I'm a little surprised by some projects here mentioning that OSS communities
have no place handling a Code of Conduct, this was never even mentioned as
something to worry about during my training.