SPI member projects adopting a Code of Conduct

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:25:44 UTC 2020

Thank you for that clarification Stephen.

I had wondered if the intended meaning was about the potential difficulties
in self-policing, and thus value in outsourcing.

We (OBF) have discussed the idea of an ombudsperson or a reciprocal
arrangement with a sister organisation to allow external handling if a
complaint was about the project leadership. That gets very complicated.
If our CoC chain of escalation comes to our board, my personal preference
for dealing with any breach by a board member, is to leave this to rest of
the board (rather than outsourcing).

Peter