Issue #20: A priori moderation on mailing lists delays message availability (Fwd: Issue #17: spi-general mailing list unreachable)

Philippe Cloutier chealer at gmail.com
Sat May 8 21:20:20 UTC 2021

Some of SPI's mailing lists (at least spi-general and spi-private)
impose a priori moderation in certain circumstances. A mail sent to "Too
many recipients" can trigger such moderation queues. The forwarded
message is an example of a message which was directed to such a queue.
That message's content shows 4 more messages which presumably suffered
the same fate.

It appears that no matter how one subscribed, these mails will not be
relayed until they have been approved. And unfortunately, unless I am
missing something, there is also no way to access mails in queues via
the web interfaces. Unfortunately, this has an important impact on
communication efficiency, as processing delays visibly exceed 1 month in
certain cases (the forwarded message is still queued as I write these
lines).

While a proper solution should be implemented, increasing the criteria
to trigger a priori moderation and/or adding moderation manpower would
mitigate. I volunteer to help with the latter for spi-general.