#06: Public resolutions

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Apr 1 14:14:23 UTC 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 05:41:23PM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> writes:
>
> > I can't see a need for any secret resolutions.
>
> If SPI ever has any paid employees, the board will need a mechanism for
> dealing with personnel issues privately to meet legal obligations.

Can you give a for instance?

We're talking about resolutions only here.  This would be something like
creating a new position, eliminating a position, etc.  I'd imagine that they
would do something like appoint a personnell committee to handle paid
employees.  The board is not supposed to be involved in day-to-day
management, and probably isn't and shouldn't be acting as a paid employees'
supervisor.