No subject

Thu Jan 27 21:21:30 UTC 2005

The second paragraph of Article 7 shall be removed.  In its place, insert
the following:

[ remove:

   The directors to be chosen for the ensuing year shall be chosen at the
   annual meeting of this organization in the same manner and style as
   the officers of this organization and they shall serve for a term of
   three years.

]

  Each seat on the Board of Directors, including those for officers, shall
  have a term of two years.  Seats for officers, excluding the secretary,
  shall be up for election once every two years starting in 2003.  Seats
  for the other members of the board shall be up for election once every
  two years starting in 2004.  Elections shall be held at the same time
  each year and are open to all contributing members.  Membership in the
  Organization is not a prerequisite for holding a seat on the Board.

  In years when an officer election is held, two questions shall appear on
  the ballot: a selection for president and a selection for treasurer. The
  second-place candidate in the selection for president shall be vice
  president.

  In years when an election for non-officer Board seats is held, one
  question shall appear on the ballot: selection of board members.  If x
  seats are up for election, then the top x candidates in the election
  will be appointed to the Board.

  After each annual election, the entire Board, including new members,
  shall pass a resolution appointing a secretary.  The Board may also pass
  a new resolution at any time selecting a new secretary.  The secretary
  selected must already be a non-officer member of the Board.

  No single person may run for more than one seat in any given election.

While I continue to disagree with the separation of the terms for members
and officers, it is not a show-stopping problem in my opinion and I will
vote for this amendment if it is put up for a vote. This amendment does
work but does pose a risk of stale blood tainting fresh blood. Hopefully
an activist membership can minimise this risk, and our other amendments
should contribute toward an activist membership.

That said, let's vote on this and carry on.

David "cdlu" Graham 			cdlu at pkl.net
Guelph, Ontario			SMS: +1 519 760 1409