Apple claims "Open Source" trademark

Russell Brady brady2 at apple.com
Wed Mar 17 23:57:25 UTC 1999

>On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Russell Brady wrote:
>
>> Please note the press release now has the correct trademark information.
>> Sorry about the confusion.
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/pr/library/1999/mar/16opensource.html
>>

>   It's better, but now it doesn't recognize Open Source as a trademark at
>all.  It should (of Software in the Public Interest).
>
>Lynn

Lynn

Actually we usually hope this phrase in our trademark language covers
third party trademarks....

"Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered
trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged".

best regards

Russell

      Russell Brady
      Products, Platform & Technology, PR Manager
      Apple Computer Inc.
      Tel. (408) 974 6877
      Fax. (408) 974 7740
      email: brady2 at apple.com