[part 2] Article 3: Membership

Will Lowe harpo at UDel.Edu
Thu Mar 25 22:22:47 UTC 1999

> >I'd have it expire in 2 years also... basicly a ping to take them off the
> >email lists if they don't respond...
> Then you have to define what happens when a contributing memebr slips into
> non contrib.  I think this way is easy, and really see no need to remove
> inactive supporting members.  Otherwise I'd me for a longer term (4-5
> years possibly).

Perhaps it's time to address the issue of whether we'll have the
(hu)manpower needed to manually reinstate a member every year. I know that
some of this could be automated, but the automation will inevitably
require a responsible, quick-to-reply set of maintainers, in much the same
way as the debian new-maintainer list does.

                     					Will

|             harpo at udel.edu lowe at cis.udel.edu lowe at debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |