SPI

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Dec 6 04:56:26 UTC 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 04:06:30PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> A couple of items listed
> in the By Laws (member-submitted resolutions, special board meetings
> requested by the membership and review of resolutions by the membership)
> require knowledge of how many members there are before they can be used,
> and, as far as I can tell, this information simply isn't available. How
> many contributing members do we have?

So we have 172 contributing members, apparently, meaning that 58 (33.3%)
are required to cause the president to call a special meeting, that 61
(35%) voters are required to form a quorum for votes, and 14 (sqrt)
seconds are required for a proposal sent to the secretary to be put to
the membership.

Cheers,
aj