Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors

Nick Phillips nwp at nz.lemon-computing.com
Sun Feb 23 06:05:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 06:25:58AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> > This omits a useful option.  For instance, what if I do not feel that I know
> > enough about a given candidate and wish to express no opinion whatsoever
> > about that candidate?
>
> FWIW I've been asked how this very thing could be done during the vote
> by at least one voter.  So to assume that everyone who voted "XYZ"
> prefers them to everybody else might not be correct.

It appears to me that all that is really needed is a way of saying "I rank
this group of candidates equally"; whether this be because you don't know
enough about them to express a preference or whatever the reason may be.

It would also allow other candidates to be ranked as more or less desirable
than the group (or groups, even).

I think that this, possibly coupled with a "none of the above", would cover
everything -- if there is a way of accounting for this in a satisfactory
manner when it comes to working out the outcome.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Bonus fortune cookie: buy 10 get 1 FREE!