Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors

Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer branden+spi-treasurer at deadbeast.net
Thu Feb 27 14:15:28 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 07:04:38PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> You're invited to survey everyone who voted that way as to whether it was
> their intention to abstain.
[...]
> We've already experimented with this method in past Debian elections;
> people find it confusing and are mislead into rendering their votes
> useless.

This doesn't persuade me that education can't solve the issue.

Heck, we can even have the voting software send a distinct
vote acknowledgement message when people submit a ballot with only one
option on it, explaining that the ballot is valid but meaningless.

One nice thing about the mechanics of both SPI's and Debian's voting
system is that they allow for revised ballots if the voter makes an
error (or changes his or her mind).

--
G. Branden Robinson, Treasurer
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.