[Spi-private] Re: Process problem with the election.

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Jul 14 14:32:33 UTC 2006

Toni Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> [ I left the awkward cross-posting in place ]
>
> On Thu, 13.07.2006 at 21:14:28 -0700, Joshua D. Drake <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Bruce Perens wrote:
>>> And that will make my work evangelizing government and other folks
>>> outside of the community harder, because we have just given CompTIA and
>>> Microsoft excellent ammunition to use in FUDing whether or not the
>>> community even cares about the things I'm talking about.
>> Those that really matter, will look at the record of events whether good
>> or bad.
>
> I don't really understand what you want to say there, but while I do
> think that Bruce makes a good job for an evangelist, I'm currently
> impartial about whether this would also make him a good SPI president.
> But the PR stuff *is* very important. We should not underestimate it.

I was saying that I think Bruce was overreactiving and that those who
matter will read deeper then some microsoft (and definately slashdot) post.

I am not underestimating anything :). I don't think there is any
question as to whether what Bruce does outside the SPI is important.

SIncerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/