0% treasurer success - overstating the case

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Fri Jul 14 05:11:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:38:16PM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Jimmy has also made it clear that he is not leaving the job and will
> be working with Josh

More accurately, I am not abandoning the job suddenly and will be
working with Josh (if he gets elected) to make a smooth transition. I
don't intend to be doing treasurer's duties once my replacement is
firmly settled in, but I'm not going to leave SPI without someone who is
legitimately doing the job as treasurer. I will remain as an SPI
director at least through the end of my board term in 2007. It has been
a pleasure to have helped SPI's finances improve significantly, as
I think they have during my tenure, and it will be even more of a
pleasure to watch my successor take them the rest of the way.

> All that said, my admiration of Josh for taking the job on remains
> undiminished. It's the hot seat.

Definitely. It's the most time-consuming role in SPI. Thank you for
being willing, qualified, and free enough to do it. Like Bruce, I plan
to be voting for Josh, since the several months of experience I have had
working with him as PostgreSQL advisor to SPI makes it clear he can do
the job well.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org