[Spi-private] Re: money handling

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Jul 17 21:51:03 UTC 2006

John Goerzen wrote:
> And Bruce, before you complain about me bringing up bad things you did
> in 1998, let me add that you mentioned acts you did in that timeframe in
> a positive light, so there's nothing unfair about it.  If you're going
> to tout your accomplishments from 1998, we should also look at problems.

And we should acknowledge that people make mistakes, and learn from
them. But of the mistakes I made back then, I'm not sure that holding
onto the domain was one. Consider that even eight years later, other
board members had enough misgivings to abstain or vote no. Over the past
years I have been ambiguous on this issue - I've been a "no" or a "yes"
at different times.

    Thanks

    Bruce