[Spi-private] Re: Josh Berkus's platform on political activity, was: money handling

Josh Berkus josh at postgresql.org
Tue Jul 18 16:03:05 UTC 2006

Jonas,

> These are very closely related. In order to continue your day-to-day
> operations and continue with the development of PostgreSQL, for
> instance, you need to be legally able to do so. The SPI, as an
> orgnisation that is put in place to "support & sustain" the PostgreSQL
> should do what it can to ensure that PostgreSQL is able to continue
> developing its software in the future, otherwise the SPI will end up
> holding assets for organisations that are unable to carry out their work.

I'm really unclear on why you're arguing here.  You seem to be playing logic
games in order to justify having the board take strategic action *without*
any membership/organizational consensus.  Given that you're not even running
for Board, this seems very altruistic of you.   ;-)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project