Second Call for nominations - 2007 SPI Board Election

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Jul 17 22:23:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 02:39:43PM -0700, Anthony Towns wrote:
> disagreements: the decision's been made, and while some people clearly
> think that was the wrong decision, I think it's a long way off base
> to imply that the membership had been on your side all along and
> only failed to push your view over the line because they weren't
> sufficiently involved.

For what it's worth, I didn't interpret the comment that way, and I
think it is in any case unhelpful at this point to start discussing
what could or could not have happened in some other possible world.
I ask everyone in the conversation to talk about some alternative
case if this is the sort of case we need to discuss.  (I make that
request partly because there are significant disanalogies between
domain names and anything else that SPI might manage or control,
since ICANN's rules, as well as the applicable RRA, are involved with
domain names.)

Thanks,

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The very definition of "news" is "something that hardly ever happens."
		--Bruce Schneier