Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Fri Mar 16 19:51:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:46:29PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Well again, not so much opposed to the idea of them giving us
> information as much as us actually acting on it.

Well, first of all, we don't promise to do anything based on the info,
other than be glad they told us. That would be for the board to decide
in the individual instance.

> 15 DDs stood in a room and cried foul.
>
> What does that mean?
>
> 100 DDs stood in a room and cried foul.
>
> What does that mean?

Yes, the board has always needed to use judgment in interpreting
communications, and that won't change with this paragraph. We won't be
obligated to do anything; it's just to increase how likely we are to
hear of major breakdowns such as Ian was mentioning. And yes, there are
over 300 DDs (by more than a factor of 3). But, given that the final
wording has people take reasonable efforts to ensure that we haven't
already been notified, people will hopefully not notify us too
redundantly and we won't get swamped with emails any more than we
want/need to be.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org