Meeting agenda robot

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Wed Dec 24 18:38:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 12:02:03PM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> Can you provide some technical motivation for why you wouldn't want to use
> the fastest, most scalable and most flexible web framework available for
> Linux?

This is not really an answer to your question for a variety of reasons, not the
least of which is I'm not Joerg, but do all these scalable and flexible Java
frameworks work with OpenJDK, preferably as packaged in Debian? I certainly
wouldn't want SPI stuff running on something that wasn't free software such as
the binary Sun JRE/JDK, and I'd probably veto that as far as software relating
to secretarial duties, such as we're discussing here.

Assuming the solution we end up with works entirely with free software
(counting OpenJDK as free software), I don't have strong preferences as far as
what we use, but I'm quite happy to defer to the preferences of Joerg in this
regard since he's the one who will have to do the sysadmin work and I don't
want his job to be unpleasant. I'd still be interested in knowing his reasons,
both technical and non-technical, but I'm not going to dispute them.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org