are we being honest about legal resources?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Mar 12 14:51:20 UTC 2008

Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote: [...]
> Although if you carry on like this they'll start to.  For the record:
> MJ Ray and Bruce Perens are not good representatives of Debian.
> Please don't hold their behaviour against us.

I hope I've been quite clear to everyone reading this thread that I've
been acting as a mere contributing member to SPI, not any sort of
representative of Debian.  If this old task really needs some formal
representative to resolve it, I'll seek one, but I don't care who that
is, as long as we make progress towards fixing the bug.

While we're explaining things for the record: Ian Jackson is not
empowered to speak for Debian here either and might be generally
grumpy with me because I support the debian reform described in
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.vote/12931
which could, as a consequence, make it easier to remove him from a
debian role he's held for 10 years or so.  That's not why I support
the reform, though Ian did seem to take the proposal personally.

Regards,