Resolution 2009-03-16.jrk.1: OpenWRT as associated project

Josh Berkus josh at postgresql.org
Thu Mar 19 18:51:39 UTC 2009

Jimmy,

> Can I ask what the reasons are that you've changed your opinion on this since
> the July 6th, 2007 meeting when you did have a vote as a board member and voted
> to approve OpenVAS with its three authoritative decisionmakers?

I didn't.  I'll have to admit that, because we were *restoring*
OpenVAS's membership and not accepting them as a new member (OpenVAS was
a member before I joined SPI) I didn't pay attention to what their
decision-making mechanism was.  If I had, I would have objected then as
well.

The other thing which has changed is adding a lot more member
organizations, and a higher level of interest in joining SPI in general.
  In mid-2007 I doubt I was thinking of the day when SPI has 150 member
organizations; now, I think we'd *better* think of that day, since we've
been adding a new member every month.

--Josh