Code of Conduct at events

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Wed Nov 10 21:59:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 05:00:47PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Indeed if I remember rightly, a few years ago a person was expelled
> from Debconf (and from Debian) as a result of their behaviour at
> Debconf.  I wasn't there myself so I can't second-guess the decision
> of the conference organisers, but I fully support their authority to
> ask an attendee to leave based on what the organisers obviously felt
> was unacceptable behaviour.

What happened was the opposite: two developpers manhandled a third one.
The third one get expelled from Debconf. The two did not get real sanction
beyond being sermoned. But of course the public memory of the event is different.

This is the problem with your proposal: your proposal is more about defining a
set of rules that events organizers have to follow than rules that participants
have to follow. But how the organizers will be held accountable ? What information
will be used to make the decisions ?

Cheers,
Bill.