Joining SPI

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at spi-inc.org
Fri May 6 02:45:45 UTC 2011

Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> 3. My understanding is that money is held and managed by SPI and then
> we would request it, is there a document on the process?

SPI is recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as a
501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.  As such, there are certain rules and
regulations SPI must follow.  These rules and regulations include
prohibiting benefiting private interests or individuals (although
individuals may be reimbursed for legitimate expenses) as well as
prohibiting political and legislative activities.

For the most part, SPI Associated Projects incur expenses and are
reimbursed for those expenses after showing documentation of the expense
(for example, a receipt).

Michael Schultheiss
Treasurer, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

--
Michael Schultheiss
E-mail: schultmc at spi-inc.org