Volunteer for assistant book-keeper (was: Make SPI book keeping more transparent?)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jun 12 02:47:13 UTC 2015

Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> writes:

> On 06/11/2015 02:10 PM, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > Ok. I would just like to avoid, that we are suprisingly 'hit' by a
> > authority financial audit and are not prepared for that or find out
> > disagreement only then.
>
> I will note that we no longer have an assistant bookkeeper (as far as
> I know). Having a 2nd person who had oversight of all financial
> transactions was helpful; SPI should look for a new volunteer for
> this.

If this is still needed, I would like to offer myself for this.

I have some knowledge of double-entry book-keeping, though I am neither
trained in it nor much experienced. Will that disqualify me for the
role?

More generally, is there a description I can access of what the role of
assistant book-keeper for SPI would entail?

--
 \       “We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the |
  `\       sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his |