[Spi-private] Very long wait for funds transfer

Randy Mackay rmackay9 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 23:06:27 UTC 2016

     I think the issue is that the treasurer isn't able to dedicate the time
to do all the admin required (and maybe it's a lot of admin).  It's a
volunteer position and we are all busy so that leads to him/her making a
prioritisation choice and it likely always gets pushed to the bottom.

     I think Josh has hit the nail on the head that it should be a funded
opinion.  It doesn't need to be a full time job necessarily.

     Maybe during the next set of elections, the candidates should make it
clear how much time they can dedicate to the position.  If one candidate
says he/she does have the time and the other doesn't then that should play
heavily into the voters choice.

     Just to make it clear that I have a stake in this, ArduPilot lost a $1k
partnership donation because I couldn't get an answer from the treasurer on
how to do a wire transfer.  I don't believe I ever got an answer to that
question actually.

     I'm a bit new here so sorry if I'm stepping on toes by voicing my
opinion.  I'm sure the people involved are not negligent, probably just
overworked.

-Randy