SPI resolution 2016.05.05.bg.1: NTPsec as associated project

Martin Zobel-Helas zobel at spi-inc.org
Tue May 10 21:13:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu May 05, 2016 at 16:20:13 -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> Please add this resolution to our May agenda.
>
> NTPsec is a secure, hardened, and improved implementation of Network Time
> Protocol derived from NTP Classic, Dave Mills’s original.
>
> The project has a website with community and project documentation at
> http://ntpsec.org/
>
> The project's development forge is at https://gitlab.com/groups/NTPsec
>
> The NTPsec project wishes for SPI to accept donations and hold funds,
> along with holding intangible assets, specifically the ntpsec.org domain
> name.
>
> Bdale
>

> SPI resolution 2016.05.05.bg.1
>
> WHEREAS
>
> 1.  NTPsec is a substantial and significant Free Software project.
> 2.  NTPsec developers would like SPI's support and assistance, including
>     taking donations.
>
> THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
>
> 3. The NTPsec Project is formally invited to become an SPI Associated
>    Project, according  to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects, SPI
>    Resolution  1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a copy of which can
>    be found at
>    http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004/2004-08-10.iwj.1/
> 4. Mark Atwood is recognised by SPI as the authoritative decision maker and
>    SPI liaison for the NTPsec Project. Successors will be appointed  by the
>    outgoing SPI liaison, or if the current SPI liaison is unavailable or
>    refuses to appoint a successor, by a simple majority vote by the three top
>    code contributors to the NTPsec of the previous year.
> 5. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 60 days after it is
>    approved by the SPI Board.

I would like to see something like the following added to the resolution:

6. In the event that the NTPsec project dissolves without defining what
   SPI shall do with the managed assets or the NTPsec project becomes
   provable uncontactable for SPI, the board reserves the right to assign
   those assets to it's general fund.

That maybe needs a bit of rewording as i am not a native english
speaker, but i hope everyone gets what i mean here.

The smae paragraph should IMHO be added to all the other 4 resolutions
we tend to vote on in two days.

Best regards,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel at spi-inc.org>
 Software in the Public Interest, Inc. | Member of the Board of Directors