Interim director

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Tue Aug 21 05:35:02 UTC 2018

Hi Tyler,

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 10:02:56AM -0700, R. Tyler Croy wrote:
> > You should be able to attend SPI board meetings on IRC on the 2nd
> > Monday of each month, and participate actively.  We have a
> > face-to-face meeting coming up in October (4-7) that you should attend
> > if possible.
>

> Is the expectation that the interim director will be able to attend to the
> Face-to-face meeting coming up for the board this autumn?

While Martin is 100% right that we would prefer the new board member to
join us for that meeting, we will certainly consider candidates who
can't attend it. We would rather have a suitable candidate with that
limitation than no suitable candidate at all. It's simply a downside
compared to a suitable candidate without that limitation.

If this would be the reason you or anyone else doesn't apply, please
apply anyway, just be clear about that in your email of interest to
board at spi-inc.org.

To be precise about the f2f logistics: arrive NYC October 4, leave NYC
October 7, SPI will cover reasonable expenses associated with the trip,
and also assist with ESTA/VWP or B-1 visa application if necessary.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org