Meeting agendas and mails to spi-announce mailing list

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Jul 2 14:11:36 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 09:04:05AM -0400, Philippe Cloutier wrote:

> On June 8 Valerie Young sent a meeting reminder to the spi-announce
> mailing list, linking to the agenda for the meeting. As can be seen in
> the first attached mail, I replied to her mail asking what "F2F Action
> Item Review" means. I left the default recipients unchanged, but the
> sending to spi-announce was rejected by an unidentified moderator who
> suspected that I meant it to go directly to Valerie, and I had no
> answer.

I am that masked moderator.

> I dropped the issue at that point, but yesterday I received the last
> attached mail, which points to the agenda of SPI's annual general
> meeting, which has most of its content in a section with the same
> title.

"Face to face action item review". Updates on action items that came out
of the SPI face to face (i.e. in person) meeting.

> Can anyone please explain what this title means? And could something
> be done so that replying to mails sent to spi-announce reaches authors
> of these mails?

How about instead of sending mails to -announce you send them to where
you want them to go? I rejected your original mail with a message about
my best guess about where you might want it to go, rather than
incorrectly assuming you wanted it to be private, or public, or go
somewhere else.

J.

--
Revd Jonathan McDowell, ULC | Real Programmers don't drink decaf.